Steven Zirinsky, AIA
Steven Zirinsky AIA, NCARB, Partner
Principal of Zirinsky Architecture PC, Steven is known for making complicated projects simple, innovative design and following through to completion. Construction projects vary in size and complexity- from new buildings to additions and renovations to landmark structures, from residential to commercial.
Other services such as zoning consultation for retail chains (one is Raymour & Flanigan) are also provided.
After graduation from Carnegie-Mellon University in 1982, Steven worked in several firms in New York City- Perkins and Will, James D’Auria, and Kim Wang Associates before establishing his own firm with Frank Meier (who has since retired) in 1991.
- New York
- New Jersey
- NYC Energy Conservation Code Sub Committee, 2014
- AIA Post Sandy Initiative, Working Groups:
Codes and Zoning Co Chair with Ethel Scheffer, Outreach and Communication and Housing.
This report was honored with the 2014 AIA Institute Honors for Collaborative and Professional Achievement (see page 43)
- NYC Buildings Code Revisions: Use, Occupancy Classification & Egress Technical Committee, 2011 to 2012
- New York AIA Building Code Committee Co-chairperson, 2006 to present.
- Architects Council of New York, 2000 to present. Secretary 2012
- The New York Landmarks Conservacy
- Landmarks West
- Member, Board of Directors, West 104th Street Block Association, 2003-present.
- President, Board of Directors, 104 unit apartment house in NYC, 1999-2002.
- Member, Board of Directors, 80 unit apartment house in NYC, 1984-8, 1994-2003
- Member, Preservation League of New York State, 2000-present.Part of initial committee to “Save St. Paul’s School” in Garden City, NY, 2004